And here is a testiment to Ken's process.  I spent last saturday morning
with Ken making a batch or methel-ethel-esters and it went just fine.  The
process is very low tech and although there are some specifics; no water
in the oil or eth/meth, more KOH, titrated oil below 1ml, glyc remix.  The
process is very organic and can be done by anyone, so try not to think of
this as some mystery conversion.  Ken also has ways to "massage" batches
that have some trouble with conversion with a methoxide 'kicker'.

I think that the real important parts of doing a meth-eth conversion are
as little water as possible (ie. boil off water), and low titration on the
oil (ie. good oil).  The batch we made titrated at .5 and was a mix of
restaurant oil and crude olive oil.

Ken showed me a batch of coconut-methel-ethel-esters which smelled like
you could eat it (pinapple/coconut scent).  It was just awesome!

BTW, Follow the directions accurately, to the tee and don't add other
process confusion into it.

James Slayden