Let's try this "what';s offtopic and what's ontopic' thing for just
one message.

ONTOPIC Ah, that's why we saw so much of you on the local biodiesel
list today , Ken. no TV!

OFFTOPIC anyway folks, if you're in the situation Ken's in, get on
the internet and see if there's an Indymedia listing for your
area/country.
 www.indymedia.org uploads stories from just about anyone and is a
good source of underreported info on dissent in the US. It's where
you'd go to find what Ken was asking about.

OFFTOPIC
I got up today at 6 am to go rage at the state of things via the SF
traffic today (only way to get the issue of dissent any press
unfortunately) but
ONTOPIC!
had a horrid biodiesel mess to deal with instead. My outdoor
biodiesel site has a huge lake in the corner of the parking lot-
where I had to put my processors- and I had some minor leak in a drum
a couple nights ago. The little leak spread all over the big old
lake.
 OFFTOPIC
Mr Biosmell came over at 7 to encourage me to go protest in SF and I
declined. ONTOPIC! I felt like a super chump as I moped around my
site all day connecting hoses and doing plumbing and pumping out 50
gallons of rainwater over to the compost pile and collecting greasy
rags and consolidating glycerine. OFFTOPIC waaah! One motto of the SF
shutdown was 'no business as usual' and it felt odd to be going about
the most mundane business as usual- ONTOPIC sweeping up a greasy
muddy biodiesel mess with the radio on and OFFTOPIC phone interviews
with people in Baghdad playing on Democracy Now on the radio. People
in our ONTOPIC! biodiesel co-op tried pretty hard to organize a
concerted biodieselers' presence on the streets but with OFFTOPIC!
three protests to choose from (SF, Oakland, and Berkeley) and
everybody already set on one or the other it was a bit much to
coordinate on a days' notice. We decided to go over to the upcoming
Saturday one as a group after our ONTOPIC beginners' liter batch
training instead. It's been interesting watching the biodiesel co-op
transform into a quite vocal OFFTOPIC antiwar group, people trying to
make the ONTOPIC biofuels- HEY!OFFTOPIC oilwar connection more
visible to the average local.
well while my fellow ONTOPIC biodiesel comrades were out in the
OFFTOPIC streets having a picnic in the intersections, I drove OOPS
THAT'S ONTOPIC! over the bridge right by the Chevron refinery
(ONTOPIC) and went to go look at some ONTOPIC!!!!!! industrial
stills. YAY!!!!! I bought about three of them for my biodiesel 'cell'
and a couple of other people. Kind of like the one posted here
recently as having been on (oops- on-off?-on? off??? ) ebay recently.
So methanol (still! ontopic)recovery here I come, along with a few of
my friends. WHoop dee doo. They're big units for removing whatever
boils from whatever solids is in it. Yay.

mark

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM