I too love composting all biologic outputs.  It means that I am not tied to
the septic system, which I now use for grey water.  It is also nice to have
facilities at the back of the land, so I am not constantly driving back and
forth when working back there.  [Bushes don't work too well for girls]

I have read several books on the simple life, but I didn't find many of
them fit me.  We found our way the way Steve is planning on
proceeding.  Strip life back to minimum, live like that for a while, then
add in what is needed for health and happiness.  We started with 20 acres,
I built a 400 sq. ft. shell of a house, electricity, no water or
sewage.  We moved in and for the next 3 years we were gone 28 days a
month.  It took a long time to get that indoor, running hot water
shower.  Ahhh, the luxury!!!

For my husband and I, we do require a roof that doesn't leak, walls that
block most of the wind, heat in the winter when it is below 50F outside,
and our fur family.  After that comes the tools that allow us to do for
ourselves,  and the older I get, the more I appreciate having the right
tool for a job.  [I consider the internet a tool]

I would love to hear of other people's journeys.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/FGYolB/TM