not to sound cliche-ish but history is full of empires who have fallen
due to their own "success" (i.e. greeeeed)...ours won't be any
different...if you think about it, we haven't come that far...instead of
beating and killing each other up for scarce resources like we used to
do, we're beating up on the nature and the environment as well as others
outside of our direct "eyesite"...funny thing is, nature may take a
while to hit back, but when she does, watch out...it's gonna be ugly...i
just hope i ain't around to get wholloped...and if i am, then i hope it
will be mercifully quick and painless...

kn
sac, ca

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/02/03 10:59AM >>>
Well, it could be a big conspiracy. Or, it could just be inept bungling.
My
own vote is for ineptness. And, I think your mention of the Barbarian
Horde
interesting, but in another light. The Romans got sloppy,
over-confident,
lazy, and inept and got their butts kicked. I think the West, as
epitomized by
the U.S. is becoming increasingly lazy, inept and over-confident. I just
hope
we can get our collective wits about us before we, too, get our butts
kicked.

I have had to deal with a lot of executives of a Fortune 500 company.
This is
supposedly a premier company in the U.S. It is sad to say that I am
amazed
that they haven't gone bankrupt. They are wallowing in ineptitude. I
fear that
this is just one example of a general phenomena.

Compare the U.S. educational system to the European one, or just about
any
other country. We are in a lot of trouble and it is getting worse. A
company
can go to China and get Chinese labor for USD 80.00/month, AND, they are

better educated than the general workers in the U.S., from what I have
seen.

We can not afford to continue to pump money into the military, and a
bunch of
other similar programs without rebuilding our own foundations. In
general, I
have in the past been a proponent of a strong military, but I am getting

literally frightened that the U.S. is going to implode if we don't start

giving some serious attention to our domestic needs. It won't matter
what we
do overseas, and it won't matter how much the politicians try and divert
our
attention with foreign policy. In my opinion, our entire social
structure is
facing collapse. We can not project strong foreign policy if we don't
have the
foundation to project from.

Relative to the conspiracy theories and the politicians, I think our
only full-
time defense or the guys working full-time to root out the bad apples. I
am
referring to the journalists. Sure some of the media isn't doing as well
as
they should, and some have been bought. And, we have to guard against
the info-
mercials and other public relations ploys to feed us propaganda under
the
guise of news. But, if we didn't have the true blue journalists hounding
the
politicians, and keeping them honest, we would be much worse off. I have
lived
in a lot of countries with a controlled press, and the freedom of the
Western
press is one of the most important factors to keep our free country
free.

Regards,

Derek

> I believe that when the truth is told about our current
> regime (Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush), this period in
> history will be called the most corrupt government of all
> time. Even the Barbarian Horde did nothing more sinister
> and evil than these good ol' boys.
>
> That's right, I'm saying that the same group has been in
> power since 1981, and with the exception of Jimmy Carter
> this group probably goes all the way back to the Johnson
> administration.
>
> kris
>
> --- MH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > http://www.wanttoknow.info/911timeline10pg
> > >
> > > This guy uses mainstream media to tell the real story,
> > or
> > > at least a more believeable story than the Republican
> > spin
> > > we've been getting.
> > >
> > > kris
> >

> >  Thank you Kris!  That's quite a bit of documentation
> > about --
> >  The 9/11 Timeline 10-Page Summary
> >  Was 9/11 Allowed to Happen?

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to