  From: Greg and April [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 11:49 AM
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] WW2

  I don't remember, I think may have been a small turbine that spun a
  generator, that drove the electric motors.  The reason it came about, is
  because the U.S. and British navies were using things from radar to
trained
  seagulls ( the seagulls would fly around until they found and sat on a
  snorkel, and the added contrast of the seagulls white body sitting on
  something in the middle of the ocean, was supposed to make it easier to
find
  the snorkel ).

  As for a Google search, " U-boat ", came up with over 100,000 results (
way
  to much to search ), and a search of  " U-boat engine ", came back with
very
  limited results, mostly about allied air attacks on the factories that
  produced them, but, a couple was about the one or two for sale.

  Greg H.