First go around? Start out "on the cheap." You can put something together
every bit as well as anyone else (even if you've never screwed a nut and
bolt together before.) You'll learn a great deal, probably feel a bit
self-accomplished and save yourself a couple of g's besides.

If you've got the extra cash, there are a few home-brewers who could build
one for you that accomodates everything from waste water treatment to
alcohol recovery.

But before anyone goes in depth on either side of that equation, you need to
decide how much you have to spend. If you're too poor or just don't see the
sense in giving your cash away when you may be capable of accomplishing the
same thing for a fraction (large fraction) of the price, then you need to
prepare yourself for the sweat equity part of the program (not much sweat
compared to the monetary savings).

It's possible to take the time and blueprint a "poor man's system,"
calculate the rough costs and ask Keith to publish it at JTF.

Such a design could be offered in a free blueprint form for the do it
yourselfer or the costly pre-fabbed form. Again, it just depends on how
liquid you are.

Up to this date, it's almost a secure bet that any "kits" offered at present
don't address a number of areas and are going for an exhorbidant price. (See
paragraph #1 again.)

Just depends if you're a salaried engineer or a fixed income retiree I
suppose.

Todd Swearingen