MM,

I had to drop my presidential bid, the major and may only clear
qualifications to be president is that you have to be born in US
and US citizen. I am neither, -:(( + tears.

If you, against all odds, know of any candidates that are interested
in an energy plan that works, please ask them to contact me. I
have one that is very little used and in perfect condition. Note that it
includes actions for building constructions.

When it comes to rapid energy savings in existing buildings, there
are two plans frequently used in industrial economies for years now.
The first one is grants and tax credits for weatherize old buildings.
The second one is production of hot water with solar panels. Both
of them make sense and should be pursued more aggressively. The
"Natural gas" crises might  be favorable for triggering this.

I have a couple of other additional plans that could match the above,
they are not so obvious and need some understanding, but they are
very efficient. Improvements of energy use in buildings are otherwise
very long term issues.

I just finished that part in my article "the scam artists at work", so it was
very interesting that you brought it up at this time. In the final version
I will make a global editing, changing "scam artists" to "traditional energy
interests". I tested it and it will work fine and be less controversial. Until
then, I will keep my work title.

Hakan

At 08:35 PM 7/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Attn: Presidential Candidate Hakan Falk.  Thought your team might need
>this info
>for your campaign:
>
>On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:48:51 -0700 (PDT), Green Bean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>Energy Department Awards $89.4 Million to 19 States to
>Weatherize Homes of Low-Income Families
>Tue Jul 1, 3:17 PM ET
>
>To: National Desk, Energy Reporter
>
>Contact: Chris Kielich of the Department of Energy
>(news - web sites), 202-586-5806
>
>WASHINGTON, July 1 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Secretary of
>Energy Spencer Abraham (news - web sites) announced
>today that the Department of Energy (DOE) will award
>$89.4 million to 19 states to improve the energy
>efficiency of the homes of low-income families under
>the department's Weatherization Assistance Program.
>
>"The weatherization assistance grants being awarded to
>19 states will save energy, lower energy costs and
>increase the comfort of the homes of thousands of
>families this year," Secretary Abraham said.
>"Increased funding for the Weatherization Assistance
>Program is a priority for President Bush (news - web
>sites)."
>
>The President's National Energy Plan recommends a $1.4
>billion increase in funding for Weatherization over 10
>years.
>
>Low-income families spend an average of 14 percent of
>their income on energy, compared with 3.5 percent for
>the average American. Weatherization reduces an
>average home's energy costs by $215 a year. The
>program gives a priority to low-income households with
>elderly members, people with disabilities and
>children.
>
>The Weatherization Assistance Program is administered
>through the states and 970 local agencies. Every
>state, the District of Columbia, the Navajo Nation and
>Inter Tribal Council of Arizona will receive
>weatherization grants this year. The awards announced
>today are for the 19 states that begin their
>weatherization year on July 1.
>
>The Congressional appropriation for the Weatherization
>Assistance Program is $223.5 million in FY 2003 which
>is expected to cover approximately 93,750 homes. The
>President has requested $288.2 million for FY 2004.
>The program performs energy audits to identify the
>most cost-effective measures for each home which
>typically include adding insulation, reducing air
>infiltration, servicing the heating and cooling
>systems and providing health and safety diagnostic
>services. For every dollar spent, weatherization
>returns $1.30 in energy savings over the life of the
>weatherized home. Other benefits include increased
>housing affordability, increased property values, job
>creation, lower owner and renter turnover and reduced
>fire risks. The Department of Energy's weatherization
>assistance funds provide training and technical
>assistance for additional weatherization investments
>from the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program of
> [...]

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM