A few years ago, I read one of President Bush's only comments as to
sustainable Energy technologies:

"I hope some day that these renewables will be the dominant source of
energy in America," the president said. "I'm not sure how realistic
that is."
-- President Bush May 19, 2001

And yet, the question I had was this: how much effort had this man
made to look into the matter?  Has he made *any* effort at all?  He
has surrounded himself with some of the most vicious
anti-renewable-energy advocates in recent history, and those advocates
tend to give him certain types of answers.  Any leader has an
obligation to those who elected him to detect biased advice amongst
those whom he chooses as his advisers.  President Bush has
conveniently "failed" to correct for the anti-policies of his
advisers.  He has, in effect, deliberately cultivated a team that will
lead us to the horrifically bad energy policies that we have.

Chief amongst the anti-progress energy policy advisers, who make sure
that the President maintains Plausible Deniability in apparently not
hearing the truth about Renewables, is apparently Vice President
Cheney.  He had this to say, in a rare explicit public manifestation
of his contempt duruing the campaign.:

"If you're one of those people who puts solar panels on your house or
drives a battery powered car, you might as well vote for Gore."
-- Dick Cheney Oct 3, 2000

Another adviser to the President is Andrew Card, Chief of Staff, is
formerly an anti-EV lobbyist for Detroit.

It doesn't interest me to try to round out this list.  I know of no
advocates of renewables that have been able to lend any voice of
reason in the White House on Energy Policy, to any extent.

I imagine that, if confronted with the one-sidedness of the advice he
has been getting, in formulating his horrifically bad (and
Anti-American) Energy Policies, the President might adopt an
"awe-shucks I made my money in OIl and I just want that for Americans
too" attitude.  This "I'm an idiot so sue me" nonsense might wash with
some.  Post-9-11, I don't see how there's any excuse for this.  We
need better Energy Policy, and we need it yesterday.

MM

Control Hunger EZ with fast acting oral EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray
from VitaminBoost.com. 1 Month Supply - 2oz., 80 sprays: $19.97.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aSJFwB/XWXGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM