Israel is advanced in implementation of hot water production with solar
panels. If you have been in Israel, it is almost on every house a combined
hot water deposit with a solar panel. The techniques are not superior, but
the common implementation is. Because of geographical location and
abundance of sun, the panels as such can be somewhat simpler and the cost
comparative low. Israel is already exporting this solar units to other
countries. Israel have recently installed more and more PV technology for
natural reasons, but they are of the type with 11% efficiency and as far as
I can understand, it is imported technology from US.

Hakan

At 04:42 PM 7/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>This could long have been realized as a point of competitive pride between
>the Arabs and the Israelis.
>
>There's plenty of sunshine there - much of the time. The business
>prospects of perfecting the technologies there and then exporting superior
>solar technologies to the rest of the world are outstanding.
>
>Israel seems to be quite advanced in this area.
>Is sharing these advanced but decentralized technologies (mutually)
>advantageous?
>
>msc
>
>Barbara Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>Does anyone know of a campaign to restore electric power in Iraq with
>solar panels?

If you want to take a look on a project
that is very close to my heart, go to:
http://energysavingnow.com/
http://hakan.vitools.net/ My .Net Card
http://hakan.vitools.org/ About me
http://vitools.com/ My webmaster site
http://playa.nu/ Our small rental activities

"No flag is large enough to cover the shame of
killing innocent people" -- Howard Zinn

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may
wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
wrinkles the soul." - Unknown

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM