Hello Johs, and welcome

>I am very new at this bio fuel stuff but as the greenhouse effect is
>hanging right over my head I think it is time to think different and
>start running my old diesel on bio fuel instead of fuel we dig up
>from the ground.
>
>After some light reading I have come to these conclusions and please
>correct me on this. I have probably misunderstood totally☺ Here
>they are... I can run my diesel 2,5 turbo on bio fuel if:
>
>1. I heat up the fuel line the diesel pump and the injectors to 60 Celsius +.
>
>2. Filter the fuel with a 10 micron filter and a water filter.
>
>3. Use a feeding pump from the tank that is able to pump the oil
>from the tank even if it is thick as butter.
>
>So what about using the diesel Webasto (a powerful diesel engine
>pre-heating unit) to do this work before starting the engine instead
>of having 2 fuel tanks? It should take less then 5 min. (?)
>
>If this is true I could use bio-fuel or ordinary diesel as I please
>to in the same tank.
>

>Johs.
>(Hwo is awaiting a storm of corrections.)

:-)

I suggest you make your "light reading" just a mite heavier...

"Bio-fuel" means a number of different things, it's a basket term,
with more than one egg in it. What you're referring to is "Straight
Vegetable Oil" - SVO, which usually means new oil (fresh, virgin,
uncooked) but can also mean Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO - used, cooked).

That is indeed one way of using biofuel. The other (more popular) way
is to make biodiesel from vegetable oil (new or used). It's a choice,
with pros and cons to each. These choices are explained at the
following web page, at the beginning, followed by much more
information on making and using biodiesel (all you need to know in
fact):

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html
Make your own biodiesel
Three choices
1. Mixing it
2. Straight vegetable oil
3. Biodiesel

The Straight Vegetable Oil option is explored fully here:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html
Straight vegetable oil as diesel fuel

Best wishes

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511