Alan,

interesting ideas - I am intending to use a used magnetic driven measuring
pump (I found a couple of them in ebay) without the nonreturn valve in it.
Usually they cost around 50 - 100 Euros (= Dollars?) in Germany. With the
membrane they work like a piston driven oscillator. You can feed the
reactor with another measuring pump that works in the normal way and is
installed in line with the oscillator...

What do you think?

Andreas Ohnsorge

CSC Ploenzke AG
Abraham-Lincoln-Park 1
65189 Wiesbaden
Germany
Phone: +49.611.142.20020
Fax: +49.611.142.980028
Mobile:+49 172 - 8 43 30 32
e-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: http://www.de.csc.com

100 Jahre Tour de France: Herzlichen GlŸckwunsch dem Team CSC zum 1. Platz
in der Team-Gesamtwertung http://www.csc-cycling.com/.

for such purpose.

                      Alan Petrillo

                      <asp                     To:      biofuel@yahoogroups.com

                      @baylink.com>            cc:

                                               Subject: Re: [biofuel]
continuous process plans
                      18.08.2003 09:18

                      Please respond

                      to biofuel

Andreas W Ohnsorge wrote:

 >Keith wrote:
> FYI, there's a continuous reactor design here:
> http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html#continuous
>
> Some people we know are working successfully with small-scale
> continuous designs but they're not ready to talk about it yet.
> Judging by their track record I'd be confident that they'll deliver
> the goods in good order in due course. I know there's also been much
> ado about continuous reactors at another forum, FWIW, but I haven't
> taken any notice, not very interested.

The OFM guys built their mixers, IMO, upside down with the pistons on
the bottom and the pipes on top.

When I designed the still partially built continuous processor that is
sitting in boxes in my garage until I get to it again, I designed my
OFMs with the pipes down in a heated water bath and the pistons on top.
  Building the baffle assemblies for the pipes has proven to be one of
the exciting parts.  Even more exciting has been building the pistons
and oscilatory drives.  I'm trying to find access to a machine shop that
won't cost me an arm and both legs to see what I can fabricate.  Unless
I get some better ideas first.

Now that it looks like I may actually need the thing I might actually
finish building it.

AP

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM