Appal Energy wrote:
>>>A major disadvantage, I think, would be that continuous processors
>>>are not suitable for two-stage processes, is that right?
>>
>>Well, yes and no.  What you have to do, effectively, is to build two
>>processors.  One for the acid stage and a second one for the base stage.
>

> Well, yes and no. You only have to build or install "two" processors if the
> need is to improve the production volume. Otherwise the same processor can
> be used on the first day for the acid stage and the second day for the base
> side - ~3.5 cycles per week, opposed to ~7 cycles per week running straight
> base.

Good point.  Cycle it through the acid stage and then into a
holding/settling tank, then cycle it through again for the base stage.
Yes, with a little extra plumbing, that'd be doable.  It wouldn't be
truly "continuous", but so what?  That way you don't have to build a
second OFM.

Come to think of it, isn't this what the people building the automatic
single tank processors are doing, basically?  That way you don't have to
build an OFM at all, just use a tank.

Hmmm...

AP

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511