VW diesels pre-Tdi  are all IDI - 80's Wabbits, Jettas, Golfs, Vanagons.
The first VW Tdi to appear in the US was the 95 or 96 Passat - anything
earlier than that was IDI.

Ditto for Ford 6.9 and 7.3 (Powerstrokes are DI) and GM 6.2 and 6.5
(Duramax is DI.) Cummins 12V and 24V are DI.

Moving into the rarer diesels, Peugeot 504 and 505, BMW 524TD, and Volvo
diesels - all from the 80's - are IDI. Mercury Topaz, Chevy Chevette
diesel were IDI. Lincoln Continental 1985 had the same BMW 6-cylinder
IDI engine as the 1985 BMW 524TD. Land Rover 2.5 NA (naturally-aspirated
aka non-turbo) 4 cylinder is IDI, 200 and 300 Tdi Land Rover diesel is
DI.

Craig

Maud Essen wrote:

>  Well, then, I got it backwards. So if Mercedes are IDI, what are some
>
> other examples of IDI diesels available in the US? Thanks.
>
> Maud
> St. Louis, MO
>
> >Maud Essen wrote:
> >>  I'm reading up on the preference for IDI vs. DI diesels for
> burning
> >>  WVO. If Mercedes diesels are DI, what are some examples of IDI
> >>  diesels? Thanks.
> >
> >Well, Mercedes, actually.  Most of them are IDI.
> >
> >As a general rule of thumb, if something in the vehicle's information
>
> >doesn't say "Direct Injection" then it is almost certainly indirect
> >injection.
> >

> >AP
> >

> >Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
> >http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
> >
> >Biofuels list archives:
> >http://archive.nnytech.net/
> >
> >Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
> >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/