Hello Todd, et al.

My friend, you assume much without knowing me. Perhaps a little
introduction might be in order, so I don't get tarred and feathered
with your assumptions.

I am Vp of a 35 million dollar Natural Foods company located on the
west coast of California. We have 29 employees. When we relocated the
offices four years ago, we drew a circle around the density of our
staff, and put the offices in the middle.
11 employees car pool, there are three hybird cars, and I drive an '85
benz that runs on WVO. average commute is 5 miles, except for 4 of us
with longer commutes.
I have a 2 acre certified organic farm that we live on. Our well is
solar, I heat with waste wood (broken pallets and the like).
There has not been a soda (or beer)in our house in 12 years, we don't
own a television, and I have a nine year old daughter that seems to do
fine socially despite these set backs....;^)

In essence, your preaching to the chior.

My fuel price issues are very specific to the distribution and
production of healthy food at a price that all can afford.

If commercial transport of foodstuffs were somehow taxed lees than
other "non-essential" consumer goods, I'd be all for $4.00 per gallon
fuel.

The vast majority of people in this country have an "entitlement
mentality" that has them believing that there is little or no personal
responsibility associated with any life style choices.

Todd, were all on the same page here....

The question is, how do we wake up the uncaring?

Be well,

Mark Osborne

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM