Just a couple of comments from the peanut gallary, I
work in a chevy/toyota dealership (im on the toyota
side). The duramax (isuzu) is a NICE engine! We have a
few of the local boys that are 1) rich 2) into going
fast that have them and put power chips in the ecu. I
will say that i was more than impressed with power and
speed the chip gave to the engines!! They will run
faster than alot of the big block gas engine trucks
plus they will out pull them every time. If you want a
diesel truck and can afford a new one then go with the
maxx.
  Jason Gnatowsky
--- murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  As to the end part, where they
> talk about how
> folks don't really consider it at present, that tune
> would change
> pretty quickly, I think, with certain factors.  Such
> as: if the price
> of gasoline went way up and diesel seemed like a
> somewhat more
> affordable solution.  Or if diesels came in a wider
> variety of
> consumer vehicles, and not just in a very limited
> number of consumer
> vehicles or in large trucks. Folks will come around
> pretty quickly, I
> think.
>
> Kerry got lambasted a year or two ago for daring to
> say welcoming
> things toward Diesel in our future, but hopefully,
> as Americans wake
> up to the fact that the diesel fuel we're using has
> been second-rate
> for some time now, and that the engines haven't been
> as good or as
> plentifull as what seems available in Europe, he'll
> get a little
> credit for having been on the forefront and for
> having seen that, when
> the fuel is cleaned up and the engines are modern,
> it's a part of the
> solution and no longer part of the problem.
>
> Also: I wonder if any of the technology which GM and
> others have
> devised is partly from the PNGV 80 mpg car program?
> Probably, some of
> it, in a way, when one takes a view of R+D as a
> whole.
>

> On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 06:28:26 -0000, you wrote:
>
> >Here below in quotations is what GM has to say
> about their new
> >engine.  The information is generally true because
> the market
> >is "forcing" engine manufacturers to come up with
> cleaner burning
> >engines and other new technologies such as advanced
> carbeuration
> >systems, etc.
> >
> >For the tecnical story, also go the the EMA (Engine
> Manufacturers
> >Assocition:
> >
> >website.http://www.enginemanufacturers.org/about/
> >
> >GM says:
>
>http://gm.com/company/gmability/adv_tech/600_tt/630_today/clean_diesel
> >_050103.html
> >"New diesel engines, like General Motors Corp.'s
> Duramax 6600, use
> >electronic, high-pressure fuel injection to monitor
> engine
> >performance and vehicle activity, while at the same
> time optimizing
> >the mix of air and fuel in the combustion chamber.
> When used with
> >variable injection timing, a redesigned combustion
> chamber and
> >turbocharging, clean diesels optimize fuel
> combustion, reducing the
> >amount of soot and nitrogen oxide emitted.

> [...]

=====
Jason Gnatowsky

deserve neither liberty nor safety. ....Benjamin Franklin

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM