starting in '82 gm used the 6.2 diesel exclusively as
far as i know. where do you get your info from that
the 5.7 engine is NOT basically a converted gasoline
design? i don't have numbers, but i had been convinced
for years that it was their normal 350 parts with only
token redesign for diesel application.

robert - the roosa master system was designed for a
tractor? that surprises me since i don't know of any
that use a v-8 engine. some combines and other ag
equipment yes, but not tractors. not that i'm an
expert, and i'm not even trying to dispute it, just
curious. which tractors? and also why would it be more
delicate if it's designed for them? i would tend to
think the exact opposite, but again with no real
proof.

thanks
erik

i also posted earlier about the 6.2 in that jimmy, but
haven't seen it come thru. i don't know why.
--- robert luis rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oliver wrote:
>
> >  Howdy everyone i am new to the list and have some
> questions which
> > i hope someone can answer! i want to convert my 84
> GMC Jimmy
> > into a duel tank vegetable oil beast.  although i
> have herd that this
> > process works "best" on indirect fuel injections,
> and since my
> > Jimmy is a 8 cylinder it is a direct injection.
> so i really need to
> > know
> > will it work?!?!? i have been looking into the
> process for awhile now
> > and am really excited to get started. also if
> anyone has any
> > informaion on resources for the northern central
> parts of California
> > would be much aprciated. thank you...
> >
> >                                     ~oliver
>
>     Your engine has prechambers and is an indirect
> injection engine.  If
> it's a 5.7 liter diesel, learn everything you can
> about that engine
> before making any conversions.  (It has a bad
> reputation and lots of
> people think it's a converted gasoline engine
> because the external
> dimensions are the same, it shares exhaust manifolds
> and starters with
> the Oldsmobile gasoline engine.  This isn't true,
> but some people will
> never be convinced!)
>
>     Start with this web site:
>

> http://members.tripod.com/~A350Diesel/newmain.html
>
>     It's pretty thorough if you read through
> everything.
>
>     If your engine is a 6.2 liter, make sure the
> fuel pump / distributor
> is in good shape.  The Roosa Master system was
> designed for tractors and
> it's fairly delicate--hence you may want to be
> careful about using SVO.
> Contact Ed Beggs at Neoteric Biofuels for advice on
> SVO conversions.
>
>             http://www.biofuels.ca/
>
>     And good luck!
>

> robert luis rabello