Hi Tony, Dan

> >   Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:06:02 -0600 (MDT)
> >   From: Dan Maker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Ethanol and BioDiesel
> >
> >I've heard of people using biodiesel as the oil in two cycle engine
> >gas/oil mix, could ethanol and biodiesel be used to power a two cycle
> >IC engine?  Ofcourse the carburation would have to be modified to burn the
> >ethanol, but would the biodiesel and ethanol emulsify well enough, or would
> >they seperate out in the tank and cause problems?

I think no problem with separation, I'll try to find some confirmation of that.

> >I'm asking because I've been offered a two cycle strimmer, and I'm
> >considering mounting the engine to my bicycle as a boost to make my commute
> >to work faster.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dan
> >

>Biodiesel has a vast improvement over the lubricity of LSDiesel. Biodiesel
>does NOT have a fraction of the lubricity of 2 stroke oil.  Biodiesel is NOT
>suitable for use as a 2 stroke oil!  The use of Biodiesel as a 2 stroke oil
>WILL result in the destruction of the motor in which it is used.
>Be Warned
>Tony

How do you know that, Tony? Do you know of any cases where it's
happened? Any data on bd vs 2 stroke oil lubricity? We've heard of
quite a few cases of people using biodiesel as 2 stroke oil, some of
them in the list archives, though without a lot of detail, nor
long-term results, but we haven't heard of any destroyed motors. They
all sounded like satisfied customers, using chain saws and so on. One
had a 2-stroke motorbike, or was it a moped. We have a few 2-strokes
here, chainsaws, strimmers, and we'd be using biodiesel with them
only the 2-stroke fuel here is pre-mixed with oil. So we're waiting
until we start producing fuel ethanol, which should be quite soon.
More info please!

Thanks

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.