I have started on an article on "THE GRID" and wanted to share the
following introduction with you all, to maybe get valuable comments before
I get to the technics of it.

THE GRID
Electricity grids could be one of the most effective tools in solving
energy crises. It could not only support the traditional distribution
function, but could also support a significant diversified energy
generation. It is a powerful "ready for use" public service technology and
is only limited by greed and commercial interests. It is often connecting
and distributing to millions of energy users, but could equally well
connect millions of small energy producers. Every connected energy consumer
can also be a small energy producer. It is often in focus for its peak
demand sensitivity, but have the potential to be a solution of peak demands
rather than the problem. The reason why this is not already utilized is not
the flow of energy, but the flow of money. The major modernization needs of
the grid is maybe more to find in its political structure than technical.
The grid is not only a technical structure, but also a structure that could
be comparable to the function of a central national bank in a financial
system. The grid could easy be comparable to the function of the money
supply system in an economy, too important to leave in the hands of
commercial and political interests. It is too powerful to unnecessary
exposure to greed and corruption, it cannot be avoided, but should be
minimized.

Hakan

If you want to take a look on a project
that is very close to my heart, go to:
http://energysavingnow.com/
http://hakan.vitools.net/ My .Net Card
http://hakan.vitools.org/ About me
http://vitools.com/ My webmaster site
http://playa.nu/ Our small rental activities

"No flag is large enough to cover the shame of
killing innocent people" -- Howard Zinn

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may
wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
wrinkles the soul." - Samuel Ullman

"Democracy is the worst possible system, except for
all the others." - Churchill

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!