On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 02:45:43 +0900, you wrote:

>http://news.independent.co.uk/world/environment/story.jsp?story=457996
>
>The axis of oil: how a plan for the world's biggest pipeline
>threatens to wreak havoc

Another brief comment:

We're putting out fires here, with not enough time, it sometimes seems, to
identify and fight the larger issues.  Some of them are that these very large
companies and governments and other entities seem to cash in on concepts of
"free enterprise" but in reality use some force in their activities.  Force is
(my opinion) antithetical to free business and free enterprise and so forth.
They also cash in on the difficulty of applying these concepts across borders.
Example: what an American company might hesitate to do here in the U.S. is not
quite the same as what they might do in Asian Minor.

These are just some minor points.  I'm just trying to say that, whether we put
out this or that fire, there always seem to be larger and looming issues which
at times make mockery of our efforts.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511