>I found this link in my search for fish oil as biofuel.  Here they use a
>diesel fuel/fish oil mixture.
>
>http://www.aidea.org/Unisea.pdf

Yes, that's one way of doing it. But what were the conclusions? "A
detailed inspection of the engine will be conducted at the conclusion
of long-term testing later in 2002." Should have heard something more
by now.

"Currently around 3.5 million gallons of fish oil are produced
annually from pollock processing operations in Unalaska. Additional
volumes are produced in other locations in the Aleutian Islands,
Kodiak, and the Southeast coast." Somehow this all seems immensely
wasteful to me. Maybe it's not, but I'm so aware of how the oceans
are being poisoned and strip-mined of life, of the appalling
wastefulness of modern fisheries (hunter-gatherers are modern?) -
"Around the world, each year, 44 billion pounds of fish plus hundreds
of thousands of other marine animals are thrown overboard, dead and
dying. Twenty-five percent of the entire world catch is wasted this
way." More than a quarter of wild fish harvests are used in animal
feed, much of it is used for industrialised aquaculture - it takes
about five grams of wild fish protein (converted into fishmeal) to
make a gram of farmed fish protein. The insanity (the right word) of
the industrialised "food" system is probably even more damaging to
the sea than to the land.

>And thank you Keith very much for your post.

You're welcome Paul, hope it helped.

Best

Keith

>Paul