Hi Rodney, Todd

HDPE is High Density PolyEthylene. These might help:

Identifying different kinds of plastic and their properties, American
Plastics Council:
http://www.americanplasticscouncil.org/benefits/about_plastics/resin_c
odes/resin.html

Plastics Identification -- Society of Plastics Engineers, Mid-Michigan Section
http://www.midmichiganspe.org/education/identification.pdf

Chemical compatability -- Chemical Resistance Database, Cole-Parmer:
To search, select at least one of three criteria to search on,
Chemical, Material, Compatibility Level. If you wish to search by
compatability level, you must specify a chemical or material.
http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp

I had five 12-litre HDPE containers, handy-sized things with two
lids, I kept all sorts of stuff in them, washed and unwashed
biodiesel, methanol, methoxide, WVO. Now I only have four. One broke.
It just broke - a big slice of it just fell out of the side. Luckily
it was empty at the time, but for a couple of months before I'd
emptied it and washed it it was filled with... petro-diesel. That's
the only problem I've had with HDPE.

>I'm not sure if the polyethylene is hdpe. Is there going to be a
>difference, the fuel will already be washed. And is PVC pipe
>suitable ( for unwashed fuel), I would like to use to pipe fuel to
>my mixer, if not what would be the best material for the price.
>Thank You

I think we've probably had info on all or most of this before, in
bits and pieces, but it'd be good if a wise and kind list member'd be
good enough to compile a roundup of what type of piping's suitable
for what (including heated liquids).

Best

Keith

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511