Hi,

I'm no expert, but it sounds like your talking of connecting in series...so,
what happens if you turn off the heat. Doesn't the flow get cut off, too?
Whereas if they are connected in parallel, as it sounds like you say they
recommend, the flow to the tank would be independent of the flow through the
car's heater core.

Derek

> Hello,
>
>     I have a quick question for all the experts in the group.  I am in the
> design phase of my SVO conversion for a 90 Jetta diesel.  I intend to use a
> coolant/electric hybrid heating system.  The only thing I have not worked out
> is
> why all the systems I have seen use a "T" connection to the interior heater
> lines.  Wouldn't more heat be used to heat the WVO if the coolant was sent
> straight from the engine to the tank and back.  Then through the interior
> heater
> core before returning to the engine? or is there a reason all the system's I
> have seen use a "T" connection for the coolant lines running to the WVO tank?
>
>     I look forward to your replies.
>

> Aidan Wilkins

> Biofuels list archives:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?list=biofuel