Well, leave it to me to reinvent the wheel.

I found out what I have built is a "dual flow rotating fitting".

Now you can buy dual flow rotating fittings, but they're expensive.  You
can probably get them used from an agricultural junkyard, but I wouldn't
bet on it.

The good part about doing it yourself is cost.  You can either buy
something pretty for $150, or build something functional but ugly for
around $30.

AP

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511