Rodney Hadley wrote:

 > I have started to make a processor out of a hot water heater, and my
 > thoughts are that I will have to remove the existing heating elements
 > due to them being submerged in oil.

No, that won't be necessary.  They'll probably be fine.  Just take your
220v elements and feed them 110v and you won't have any problems with
the elements overheating.

 > I'm pretty sure that the
 > combination of the heating element and the oil will end in a fire. Is
 > this correct?

Well, yes and no.  The combination of heating element, oil, and _air_
will end in fire.  If you take the air out of the equasion, I.E. by
keeping your element submerged, then you won't have a problem.

 > I have heard of many people using immersion heaters,
 > what type will be best for heating oil?

The one that will fit into your processor.  The physically larger the
better.  About the best thing you can do is use the largest 220v element
that will fit into the hole, and feed it 110v.

 > Are the immersion heaters
 > used for biodiesel submerged in oil?

Yes.

 > I need it to dry my fuel, and