1.Long Beach EV show

You can really test drive EVs at the long Beach show.

Alarmingly all the major Auto makers, GM, Fords, Honda, Toyota and Hyundai all
were
displaying their newest Hydrogen Full Cell cars!  The only Hybrid will be
gasoline/Electric
Cars.    Toyota may have a Diesel/Electric Hybrid Pick-up Nov. 2003 in Japan,
probably
will be available in US next year 2004?  So the biofuel group can have an
alternative!
They must make these Hybrids with EV options, that you can actually charge the
battery
pack from renewable power sources!  Driver can switch to Gasoline/Biofuel or
pure
electric when they want to!

A few EVs at the show were from smaller companies which needs to find capital!!

Unless Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars can have smart reformers small enough on board
each vehicles, then we can use water as fuel.  Otherwise we will have to go to
Hydrogen Stations to buy Liquid Hydrogen fuel just like we are buying gasoline
now.
This is not a consumer market, that will be another sellers' market.  The
sellers like
Oil and auto companies only supply the products they want us to drive or
consume!
Not that we really have a choice?  Do we?

Honda Salesman assured me that we can produce our own Hydrogen Fuel at home.
When and how safe that will be?  Before that happen, we will stil all be
depending
on the same energy companies for their fuel.

2.Zap New Electric Car
ZapCar newest version, made in China!  Passed all road tests and will have a
special CA EXEMPT license plate to drive be able to drive on Car Pool Lines
(even without passengers). Have the $4000 tax break and other incentives!
Retail at $10,000 and they are looking for dealers.

No inventory, have to order and delivery in 30 days after they import your unit
from
China.  Only one color - silver gray so far!  You can try to ask them for other
colors.

Maximum speed: 60-65MPH, Range per charge: Li-Cd about 80 miles

     Li-Mh About 240 miles
Don't have data on the DC motor, this car is adpoting big capacitors to run the
car's
motor more efficiently!

Air conditioner/CD player+ radio, all the basic equipments available!
2 doors, Windows, like a real good car!  110VAC charger, plug in any AC outlet.
(Had asked them too add DC charger, solar module price had came down from
7-8/watt last year to 3-4/watt in 2003.  The price is dropping, so very soon we
should
be able to have our own solar DC power to charge our EVs and for our own houses.
You can store the energy that you generate from Solar to Electricty, Hydogen or
compressed air)
Contact: Mr. Steven M.Schneider(Chief Executive Officer),
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(I apolgize if anyone would consider this to be advertising for this company.
That was not my intention, all above details you have to recheck with the
company.
 I could not be 100% responsible for the accuracy, so please verify with them)

3.Refueling:
1)According to study, it takes average 7 minutes to fill up gas tank plus
paying.
   And we could not find oil in our back yard and of course could not process it
   ourselves!
2)It will be faster if we could replace the low power battery with freshly
charged
    battery pack, like in 4 minutes? they could be improved and not so bulky? A
portable
    battery pack that we can get from any 7-11 stores? Or have a second pack
for long
   distance drive?  And we can produce electricity at home from our solar
systems.
   Unlike some experts suggested that EV's have to get power from dirtier
sources like
   burning more coal to generate more electricty!  That is untrue!

Any similar EV shows in other part of the world, would like to share info!!

Good Luck!
Tricia Liu
Solar Systems Vendor

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511