Alex,

This depends on what your local electricity distribution association can
pay you and also what legislation that might exist in Canada for this.
Often on the country side, you might have a local electricity distribution
association, who buy and distribute from the central grid. They can also
sell to the central grid, if they have local energy producers. You really
need to talk to them about it and they can probably give you the answers.

It is worth pursuing, but it would be sheer luck if you found someone close
to you with experience and answers on your local conditions on this list.
The organization and rules differ between countries and even within countries.

My guess is that it is feasible and that your local distribution
association have the answers. You might find that your electricity supply
only can be contracted for peak demand and that you need 3 to 4 generators
for this, but the price will be higher.

Why do you only have to heat up the pond, don't you have heating needs for
your farm and surroundings also?

Hakan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511