Keith, Dallas, and the List,
         RE 'The Media'; About 6 Mo. ago we supplemented our news
input by buying a set and subscribing to SIRIUS satellite
radio. Besides getting two channels of NPR programming (many
talk/call-in shows [including The Diane Rheme (sp?) Show]),
PRI(some Canadian slant), and BBC, there's World Radio Network
(with 1/2-1 hr segments from national broadcast systems all
over the World), plus music of your choice when news gets TOO
MUCH.
        Previous to that, we only listened to our local NPR station.
No TV. Plus our perusal of Net sources.

        Certainly, a wider variety of input yields a more
comprehensive understanding of the world.

Good Listening,
                Wynn

Keith Addison wrote:

> Dallas Farnworth wrote:
>
> >Keith,
> >And all others,
> >I did not mean to offend any one.
> >I agree, (as an an American) that the Americans have a VERY slanted
> >view of the world.
>
> There are many who don't have a slanted view, however, and I believe
> more and more are waking up to the big wide world beyond the US, and
> to the fact that the US is part of that world.
>
> >Most of this comes from our media,

To visit your group on the web, go to: