I just spoke with them and verified that pretty much anyone could
attend.  No charge, I think.

I want to add that I think at some point these conferences get very
confusing and time-consuming and are of dubious value, but, at the
same time, they can hit the spot for a person sometimes, if you have a
desire to see some of the cars or meet some of the interesting people,
or report on some of these matters to other discussion group people,
car fans, etc......

http://www.japantransport.com/01-2004-Conf/flyer0104.htm

_________________________________

We invite you to a conference entitled, "The Development &
Dissemination of Environmentally Friendly Vehicles (EFVs):  Attaining
an Environmentally Friendly Automobile Society," where you can see the
newest in automobile technology.

This is an opportunity to learn more about the future of fuel cell
vehicles, hybrid powered vehicles, and other EFVs that will help shape
our transportation future as well as see some examples of what we may
be driving tomorrow.

It's a one-day free event that features a display of the
environmentally-friendly  vehicles from Honda, Nissan, Toyota,
DaimlerChrysler, Ford, and General  Motors, and several distinguished
keynote speakers such as Alan Lloyd, Chairman of the  California Air
Resources Board, and Margo T. Oge, Director of the EPA Office of
Transportation and Air Quality.

There is no charge for this conference, but advanced registration is
required.  Please pre-register for this event today!