Here in Kelowna, BC, Canada we had an interesting project last summer.
We obtained dwarf hybrid sunflower seeds, distributed them to the
community, and in the fall, the community members who planted them and
watched them grow brought the the resultant sunflower heads to a
special harvest festival and pressing day: We ran the Komet cold press
off of a little Kubota running at idle (our Komet press is fitted with
a hydraulic motor and speed controller), and I also showed my "ToyVuKi"
(toyota automatic, VW 1.6TD, in a Suzuki longbed hardtop, Vormax, G3
SVO kit ...FS, BTW)

... this was all a project of the Avalon Alliance, a consulting group I
work with here.

Read more about "The Sunflower Project" (community-based biofuels
production from start to finish), and the Avalon Alliance, here:

http://avalonalliance.org/sustainable_biofuel.htm

We are planning a weekend biofuels workshop next spring or summer with
lots of talk on underutilized and "new" oilseed crops, greater levels
of reclamation of the used cooking oil resource, the potential of
community-based biofuels production, phytoremediation, climate change,
and, of course,  demos of SVO cars, conversions, etc. What I'd really
like to see develop is an annual event for those interested in
small/community/regional biofuels production, and a place to show up
with and show your biodiesel and SVO vehicles.

Anyone interested in attending for a full weekend of biodiesel and SVO
talk in a most beautiful setting, a "rod run and picnic, and some
workshops, fairly informal, in  the heart of Canada's  wine country,
the Okanagan Valley,  please feel free to contact me off list.

Edward Beggs
http://www.biofuels.ca

Watch for the new
SVOcars.com
site!
Coming soon, a place to buy, sell, and swap SVO cars, trucks, gensets,
parts, etc.! Easy, free, self-administered classified ads, news,
events...hopefully up and running sometime in the next few weeks!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511