>Greg,
>
>I agree with you.  There does seem to be two camps here.  The
>backyarders and those who seek to make biodiesel production a
>profitable venture.  Seeking a profit does not make a person evil.
>Enviromentalism and profits can happen within the same venture.
>Think about it.

We have thought about it, Curtis, a lot, and it's not nearly as
simplistic as you make out. There was a recent discussion here about
just this, not the first, but it ALWAYS starts with people jumping to
the simplistic conclusion that one "side" is somehow saying that
making a profit is "evil", just like you just did, and just like Greg
did too, although there was absolutely nothing said or implied to
give that idea in my reply to Greg. Check it out, if you don't
believe me, you've both jumped to conclusions because of your own
expectations, not because of what was said or because there are "two
camps here".

As I did with Greg, I'll refer you to that recent discussion,
although I previously referred Biofuels-biz members to it too, and
that's where you've just come from. Please read it, it'll tell you a
lot. You're not telling us anything we don't know - and DO - when you
say that environmentalism and profits can happen within the same
venture.

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/30316/

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/30354/

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/30366/