On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:36:49 +0900, you wrote:

>Hi MM
>
>Much agree with what you say about the CFC-Ozone issue, and I think
>it has come up here before.

Thanks for going over the other info.  I will have to review it at a
later time.

On the CFC-Ozone issue, I have a followup comment.

I think we activists may not be emphasizing this issue enough.
Sometimes the system works sort of the way it's supposed-to.  It is
often said (pointed out) that negative news and such are often fodder
for coverage and conversation, but it is sometimes not deemed as
newsworthy or conversation-worthy when something works out the way
it's supposed to (non-negative news).

Maybe this is a case of that sort of situation?  If so, we activists
might want to make a point of discussing or covering the ongoing
apparent-partial-success-story of CFC-prohibition.  It would have been
newsworthy, no doubt, if thousands or millions or billions of people
started coming down with Skin Cancer at unprecedented rates.  But that
isn't happening... at least "probably" not as much as it would have
happened had we not banned CFCs.  We acted to try to prevent a
disaster by modifying our collective global behaviour, and we, as a
team effort covering many decades and country borders and much
individual sacrifice of time and effort, seem to have accomplished
something.

I think it's worth pointing out, discussing, taking lessons from this,
valuing it, taking pride in it.

Now, I think we can use that to change the tone and approach of some
of these global warming discussions.

MM

Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so
low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/FGYolB/TM