hi Brian!

    firstly, the filter is upstream from the engine, so nothing BD
"cleans out of the engine" is going to get caught in the filter.     ;-)

    secondly, and more importantly, it would seem to me that anything
that B100 cleans out of the fuel system (upstream from the filter) is
probably nothing you want in your fuel system anyway, so cleaning it out
is a Good Thing.

    many experienced diesel-heads carry spare filters and the tools to
change them as a matter of course, since a bad tank of diesel fuel can
clog up the filters and make for a Bad Day if you don't have filters and
tools handy.
    i'd say just put the B100 in if that's what you want to run, keep an
eye on the filter(s), and plan on changing it/them. depending on the
quality of the fuel that was run through your vehicle in the past, you
might need to change the filter(s), and you might not; but changing them
at the next oil change or 2 after you switch to BD couldn't hurt!

cheers!

"Brian C." wrote:

> I get the B-20 (20% soy ester, 80% diesel petrol) from
> Arizona Pertoleum.  Today I paid $2.10/gallon.
> Usually its a bit cheaper than that.  They are on
> Cherry St, just north of 22nd.  Phone number 623-4721.
>  A knowledgeable guy to talk to is Jerry.  They also
> sell B-100 (100% soy ester) at a stable price of
> $2.85.  I'm told that if I go to B-100 without running
> B-20 for awhile it will clean so much junk out of my
> engine that the fuel filter will clog before I even
> make it home.
>
> No replies on Tucson homebrewers. (yet)
>
> Brian

[snip]