I'm running a biodiesel equipment building Intensive class two days- April
10th and 11th, 10 am-5 pm, Santa Cruz.
To register and for location, please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

this is a hands-on class where we'll build:

-A `fumeless' enclosed processor which can be converted to a
methanol recovery still. Parts cost is $120-$150 for this unit

-A standpipe wash tank built out of a drum. Parts cost: $30

-A utility or mixing pump built out of a washing machine motor
and an automotive oil pump. Parts cost: $10

-A couple of methanol recovery condensors- a counterflow heat exchanger
cooled by water, and a coil-type condensor coil built with flare fittings.
Parts cost: $20 or so.

-A polyethylene tube 'aerator' for use with bubblewashing in place of
breakdown-prone aquarium air stones(parts cost: $5)

-possibly a barrel-based reactor for those unable to find a cheap electric
water heater

-mistwashing equipment

-pressure testing rig for equipment experiments

-inline electric heater

In addition there will be a full discussion and a demonstration of
biodiesel equipment design parameters. The syllabus will cover:

heating (including solar heating discussion)
pumps and material handling
agitation
separation
methanol recovery
heat exchangers and heat integration
washing techniques
secondary containment
materials compatibility with the processes used in biodiesel making
welded versus non-welded designs
reactor design that can be adapted to any style of tank
dewatering of oil and washed biodiesel
beginner 5-gallon reactor ideas
elementary wiring
elementary plumbing

This is a two-day class and both discussion and equipment building will
take place both days.

Those who wish to build their own equipment at this workshop should get in
touch with me now to arrange parts availability (to prevent logistical
nightmare for me later in collecting all this complicated stuff).

  I can pick up all of the hardware, but you would have to arrange your own
vehicle to pick up of your reactor or other large piece from the workshop site.

Bring a pipe wrench if you have one or other plumbing/wiring tools.

Contact instructor by April 5th if you are interested in building your own
unit at this workshop: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A general biodiesel instruction manual is also available for an additional
$7 at the workshop

For photos of the processor designs, please see: www.veggieavenger.com/media