Ron B.

>--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Or maybe one of these guys:
> > http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2004/03/03_100.html
> > The Damage Done
> >
>============================
>The website above speaks for itself....yawn...more commie crap.

Actually it doesn't speak for itself, not if that's what you'd have
it say. Rather than the all-too-usual (and sleazy)
labelling-and-dismissal of anything that might disagree with you,
please unyawn yourself and provide full references evidencing Mother
Jones.com's communist affiliations, or even leanings. Also provide an
explanation of why the views of invalided US soldiers returning from
Iraq would constitute "commie crap" and merit only a yawn.

>============================
>
> > I suppose that should be an expected response from someone who
>lives
> > in a country where, out of 128.6 million workers, only 6.4 million
> > use public transport - and 77% or rest drive alone in their cars.
>The
> > public transport option doesn't even enter your mind.
>==============================
>I'll use the environmentalist blame game

What is "the environmentalist blame game"? Please provide valid
examples and explain how it's pertinent to public transport issues in
the US.

>here-> Its the Japanese
>fault for making Americans shun public transport. Why?
>Here's why:
>With American cars so junky and worthless in the 1970's, we would
>have switched to public transport by now. But, Ohhh Noooo, the
>Japanese had to come along and make beautifully exquisite automobiles
>and now SUVs and pickup trucks.....so Americans are really hooked
>now. Nissen, Honda, Toyota, etc., etc. They are the best. Where is
>the justice?

Either withdraw this nonsense or provide a reasoned response.

>Back to biofuels,
>Ron B.

Back, in fact, Ron B, to unfinished business. You've only been here a
few days, quite a few posts from you already, but you haven't at all
bothered to find out anything about the group you've joined or the
people who comprise it, where they come from and what their views
might be. That rather goes along with what your views are turning out
to be. Anyway, it's a very international list, and it's not a list
that will allow unsupported opinionations, and indeed sneering, to go
unquestioned. You can say whatever you like here, but you might have
to prove it. If you can't, you'll have to withdraw it. NOT an option
is simply to ignore demands to justify what you've said.

Also as usual, you've of course cut all the inconvenient bits from my
response to your message, just leaving the bits you can try sneering
at. So I've put it back, below. You were asked some questions. Answer
them, and the current crop, in an evenhanded manner. This is
unfinished business that you'll have to deal with before you can
continue.

Keith Addison
List owner