>THIS I can get and fairly cheaply, so what I am wondering is how
>much longer than flakes will it take to disolve (8 liters methanol)
>I will be using the "Methoxide the Easy Way" method.

I doubt you'll see much difference, if any. I'm not sure there's much
difference in surface area. The 24-hour time it says it takes is if
you like an easy life. If you want it ready sooner, shake it more
often. Mark was doing it with NaOH in about half an hour for her
courses, which she said was pushing it, but it worked. I'm sure
you'll develop a routine that suits you, your set-up, and your lye so
it gets done in time without any fuss, attended to while doing other
things.

Best

Keith

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511