John,

We (Neoteric Biofuels, http://biofuels.ca) also do singletank (as well
as two-tank.) Our kit is cheaper than Elsbett's, and offers better
filtration and easier install, with a self-regulating electric fuel
heater that doesn't require the electronic complexity of the Elsbett
system.

The guy in Berkeley who runs olive oil in his '98 Mercedes is not
currently heating his olive oil - something that we don't recommend.

Craig Reece

On Apr 16, 2004, at 8:34 AM, John Blackmer wrote:

> does anyone know anything about www.elsbett.com ?
>
>  it claims that a one-tank SVO is posssible with a few small
> modifications to
>  the engine:Ê glow plugs, 1 micron filter, etc.Ê certainly this could
> only
>  work with an oil that doesn't solidify in the tank, i assume, but
> there's a
>  fellow in berkeley that claims to have done this for 8 months with
> straight
>  olive oil.Ê I thought that this was simply mechanically impossible?
>
>  any caveats/opinions?
>
>  thanks,
>  John
>

>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>  Biofuels list archives:
> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
>
>  Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
>  To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>       ð       To visit your group on the web, go to:
>       ð        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>       ð        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

Craig Reece
Neoteric Biofuels
http://www.biofuels.ca