Art,  I have used these poly tanks for about thew last ten years or
better boiling water to cook oats for our race horses.  Now that was
to the temp that the water is boiling.  Not one time has the barrel
split, broke, spilt or what ever....the threaded bulkhead fitting is
covered in about a half inch of metal set, which if you have never
used, you can actually mill it, drill it tap it, etc. in orther
words, its very strong.  I do appreciate you concern on safety,
however if you'll talk to the people the make the injected
polyprolene (sp?) they will tell you the same. their tanks, barrels
are rated to some quite high temps., none of which I even get close
to..thanks again for your feed back....Jimbull

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511