Don't ya just love these newbie questions? Ok, the info on titration
at journeytoforever talks about 1 gr lye in deionized water (1
liter).

One thing I've not seen posted is if the standard 1.4 rule applies
here as well for potassium hydroxide, as in 1.4gr potassium
hydroxide per 1 liter deionized water for titration ?

I would think that it would, but not being sure I figured I'd look
silly by ansking rather than looking stupid for not :)
And Keith, thanks again for your heads up about washing the test
batch; that gets done first thing in the Am.
The seperated BD (pre-wash) is quite dark though, nothing near as
clear as the examples you linked to. It is almost as though they
tossed in a bunch of soya sauce at the last moment knowing I was
coming and wanting to play a funny on me :o)! Anyway, I'll give it a
plunge and see what develops.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511