I would highly reccomend posting your request to the TDI Club
(www.tdiclub.com)  They have a good biodiesel forum where, I am sure you
will find some folks w/ high miles on SVO.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Neoteric Biofuels Inc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 1:46 PM
  To: Biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Subject: [biofuel] 100,000 miles on SVO?

  Hi all,

  I often get asked how many engines, specifically modern direct
  injection engines, I know of, that have gone more than the magic number
  (for some reason) of 100,000 miles (yes, miles, not kilometers,
  please...so, let's say over 160,000 km)

  I know I could spend hours scouring the databases, such as they exist,
  translating from German sites, etc. etc...but if anyone needs a good
  research project for academic work, this is one!!

  Or, if you just want to send me notice of examples of such that you are
  aware of, please do!

  Please exclude old Mercedes.....I know there are lots of those that
  have gone that far...I am looking for TDI's, modern trucks, equivalent
  hours on gensets or tractors (let's see...1600 hours at 100 km/h....ok,
  let's say over 1600 hours),  etc.

  I'll compile these as they come in, unless someone out there can set up
  a self-admin database for us, which would be a heck of a lot easier,
  and more accessible for all....

  The SVO 100,000 Mile Club Database.....anyone up for doing that?

  We can host it on our server space if need be, I think.

  Spread the word? Help get it going?

  Thank you!

  Edward Beggs

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor