Thankyou MM and all

>Thanks NTSL and Craig and bwelch.  Looks like some comments worth discussing.
>I'm passing on Craig's comments especially to Keith Addison's biofuels list,
>which is here:

>as there may be some further hashing out of this information there.

Hopefully. I haven't looked at this recently so some of the details
may be fuzzy, but I think the overall picture should be right. IIRC
Europe introduced low-sulphur diesel in the early 90s, in stages. The
US will introduce it in 2007 it seems - 15 years later? Why the
delay? No apparent technical reason, and even if there were, how
could European technology be 15 years ahead of the US? Especially
since they're transnationals. One factor is that the oil companies in
the US protested that it would cost too much to gear up the
refineries. A more recent study found that it wouldn't, what a
surprise, and found no technical barriers either. That aside, they've
failed to keep up the refineries anyway, they lack overall capacity,
as far as I understand it. Whatever, that 15-year gap just isn't
acceptable, is it? Along with all the other gaps, which you know of -
CAFE standards worse now than 15 years ago, etc etc etc. It would be
hard to find a better case for illustrating that all the wrong people
are calling all the wrong tunes for all the wrong reasons.

>The more we all use the net to stay in touch with each other, the more
>transparent we can make this information, even if it gets a bit intricate.

Indeed. It baffles me that some people take exception to
cross-posting, what nonsense. Sure, you have to be judicious about
it, but you have to be judicious with mailing lists anyway, don't
you? Nothing wrong with cross-posting, quite the opposite.

Please keep going MM, it's helping to build up a clear picture.

Best

Keith