On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:33:41 -0400, you wrote:

>murdoch wrote:
>> Maybe "Dubya" should consider appointing Ken Englebrecht run the
>> Department of Energy.
>>

>He'll probably fire him when he finds out.

A thought I also had.  If so, maybe we can follow up on it.  The
Secret Service would be told to use a pretext of "National Security"
even if they did not have any issue with the matter (the President's
cooks would probably likewise be fired on National Security grounds if
they fed him any sort of Organic food).

Still, the President has made one or two "decent" symbolic moves on
renewables.  There are some solar panels somewhere on the White House
grounds, for example, although it still appears to be completely
illegal for the President to use the words "solar energy" more than
once per quarter (if ever) in anything other than the most obscure
possible speech.