On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:27:07 -0400, you wrote:

>Has anyone seen this sight or know this product?
>http://www.syntroleum.com/
>Opinion?
>-Arthur

Their product is fossil-fuel based.  I like the idea of Gas-To-Liquids (GTL) as
far as it goes, but it's still, in the end, same-old, same-old fossil fuels.

They put out this press release recently:

http://media.integratir.com/synm/PressReleases/04052005CompanyExperts.pdf

I went back and forth about it with a couple of people and decided not to post
it here and elsewhere because in the end, I think they're greenwashing.... in
the sense that, for example, they're inviting people to call them and ask their
experts about clean fuels and emissions, but I strongly suspect they'd steer
everyone away from answers such as biofuels, and toward their own answers.

I don't have an investment-potential opinion about them, but my tentative view,
as to whether they're part of cleaner energy, is that they're
borderline-at-best, and if you are looking for truely green investments, you'd
want to look elsewhere.  It is something I've heard slightly disputed.

Once in awhile there is some mention of using their product in fuel cells, so
there is that link, and I've seen them mentioned on TV by talking heads in that
context.  But Wall Street still looks toward brown stocks, even when they want
to think they're green, and that's how I see SYNM... as browner than the really
green ones.