Thank you thats a start. what about m.p.g.does that stay the same also it
seems to me that running on svo or wvo would be better then running bd,but
it seems a high number are running on bd.Why?
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Kenneth Kron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 4:40 AM
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] f-250 conversion/diesel engine biofuel primer

    SVO - Straight Vegetable oil - "virgin" or unused vegetable oil.
  WVO - Waste Vegetable oil - Oil that has been used to fry food.
  Biodiesel - A renewable fuel made from fatty acids (oils).

  Biofuel pros svo, wvo are reasonably equiv. to BD for this list with two
  exceptions:
  1) there has been alot more testing done specifically on biodiesel
  2) While the diesel engine was invented to be run on vegetable oil it,
  WVO i snot equivalent to straight peanut oil.

      * Biodiesel use increase international stability as opposed to
        decreasing it as petro fuel does.
      * Biodiesel use reduces the risk of fuel transportation disasters as
        it requires less transport and is significantly less toxic.
      * Biodiesel is less expensive than petrodiesel to deliver to
        American markets
      * Biodiesel use along with conservation is the cost effective way to
        immediately reduce our dependence on middle east oil
      * Biodiesel combustion produces over 60% fewer pollutants than
        petrodiesel, over 90% fewer carcinogens and is not a net green
        house gas contributor.
      * Biodiesel removes an entire class of acid rain producing smog from
        diesel exhaust
      * Biodiesel when used as a petroleum diesel additive at rates of
        between 5% & 20% is already an accepted product in the petroleum
        diesel market-place
      * According to some estimates the US can produce enough biodiesel to
        meet more than 20% of it's fuel needs and all of it's current
        diesel fuel needs
      * Biodiesel production is less dangerous than petroleum fuel
production
      * Biodiesel production creates almost no pollution
      * Biodiesel from WVO has a higher lubricity and cetane rating than
        petrodiesel and is otherwise comparable or superior in performance
        when used in diesel engines
      * Biodiesel production from WVO reduces demands on landfills
      * Biodiesel exhaust actually has a pleasant aroma
      * Biodiesel is 1/10th as toxic as table salt and biodegrades like
        dextrose with up to 98% biodegredation in 3 weeks
      * Biodiesel is one of the most cost effective ways to reduce exhaust
        pollution from smaller and inexpensive engines

  Depending on your engine, climate and who you ask, SVO/WVO can be mixed
  with diesel (petro or bio).
  SVO/WVO kits cost between $600-$1200+, pay the upfront costs, take
  additional risks on warranty coverage, mostly because the hardware
  changes advertise that you did something interesting and get a payback
  rate dependent on how much fuel you use.

  Biofuel cons:

      * People will look at you strangely and say your vehicle smells nice.
      * People who love the smell of burning petro will say somethings
        wrong with your truck.
      * The US engine manufacturers association says they don't warranty
        biodiesel or VO even though they don't warranty any other fuel
        either and in the California at least the burden of proof is on
        the warranty provider to show that the users action caused the
damage.
      * Crown Prince* *Abdullah, OPEC and the Bush clan will suffer a
        minute decrease in their net worth if every day 100 people switch
        from petro fuels to biofuels.

  See

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=diesel+vegetable+
oil+conversion+kits&btnG=Search
  for most of the manufacturers of VO kits.  VO kits are sensitive to oil
  quality as they rely on relationships between oil temperature and
viscosity.

  Kenneth Kron
  Founder Bay Area Biofuel
  www.bayareabiofuel.com

  benet208 wrote:

  >I have a 97 7.3 Ford F-250 diesel.Can anybody tell me pros&cons of
  >changing over?also would like to know to what,biofuel,svo,wvo or
  >whatever els their is.thank you.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor