The situation is similar here in the UK. Basically you have to pay duty
on vehicle fuel, even if it's home brewed (can't remember the exact
amount off the top of my head), and although the licence is supposed to
be easy to obtain it's a definite disincentive to starting up.

I'm currently using commercially produced, duty-paid biodiesel but
would like to try home production. I'm told that even if you use
commercially produced, duty paid biodiesel you are likely to be
questioned by the police if they smell 'fish and chips' behind your
vehicle, and asked to prove that the duty is paid. So a licence could
be a useful document to carry around in your vehicle, as they generally
don't ask further questions if you produce it. Easier than remembering
to keep all your receipts etc..

--- Angus Scown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Thought I would let
other counties know how the Australian Government

=====
--
43 - more than the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com