[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Actually Glycerol is one of the intermediate steps in the complex
>enzyme reactions we know (and love) as "yeast fermentation"

Are you sure about that?  Glycerol is produced in small amounts via
reduction of glyceraldehyde during glycolysis, but constitutes a
metabolic dead end, as far as I am aware.  It is not  in the pathway to
ethanol and therefore should not be a substrate for ethanol production.
That said, biochemical pathways are not my forte, so  if you have a
reference I would like to see it.  I guess a simple test would be take
some glycerol and yeast and see if you get ethanol.

--
Bob Allen, http://ozarker.org/bob
The modern conservative is engaged in one of Man's oldest exercises in moral