A gallon of WVO is approximately 7 pounds.  Including the weight of the 300
gallon tank, you are well over 2000 pounds.
Derek
  -----Original Message-----
  From: overnightdeejay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 10:29 AM
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [biofuel] WEIGHT OF WASTE OIL

  HI ALL,

  oops! please excuse the misuse of the caps lock

  I am trying to locate other biodiesel enthusiasts in the charlotte,
  NC area, and have a question.

  Does anyone know the weight of a gallon (litre) of WVO?

  I have found a source for plastic tanks up to and exceeding 300
  Gallons and I am curious if anyone else has ever tried to mount (or
  haul) such a tank in the bed of a mini pickup. I do have access to a
  small pickup truck, but the bed is hopelessly rusted thru. ( A victim
  of several great lakes area winters) I'd like to use this truck to
  collect WVO from my sources, but I don't want to install a tank
  that's too big for the springs.

  Can anyone advise of the largest tank I can install in a Chevy s-10
  or similiar???

  Also, if there are any others interested in forming a biodiesel co-op
  in the Charlotte, NC area, please feel free to drop me a line.

  Let's put our heads and resources together and see what we can do,

  Regards,

  Matt

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor