Interesting juxtaposition of Tolstoy & Gandhi.  After all, after
renouncing his career as a good servant of the colonial "justice"
system in South Africa, Gandhi did turn to his readings from Tolstoy
to lead India to independence.   He too once thought colonization
was good.  He about-faced and called British presence in
India "evil".

Interesting man, that Gandhi.

Pierre

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "balaji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Gustl,
>
> I couldn't agree with you more. The ethic you advocate represents
the best
> of Emerson, Thoreau, Tolstoy, Gandhi and other radical pacifist
anarchists.
> Peace be with you !
>
> Regards.
> balaji