Hello Bryan

>Ok Keith.  I read the OPEC thread, and within it was a lucid
>discussion of (among other things) the exact Kerry/Bush dilemma of
>which I lamented.  I also read the Moderator's message and your
>posts on this thread.
>
>Would you like for me to respond point by point to your last reply,

No need.

>or will it be sufficient for me to apologize for wasting everyone's
>bandwidth and promise to try and be more constructive and thoughtful
>in future posts?

I wouldn't have said it was a waste of bandwidth, and I wasn't after
an apology, nor even a promise, just the awareness that's behind
them. Thankyou.

>Either way, I apologize for wasting the time and energy of list
>members by complaining without offering solutions.

Same as above. Again, thankyou.

>I'll do my best to ensure that my future posts either add to the
>substance of the thread by providing new information, or add to the
>quality of the discussion by providing thoughtful commentary.

Thankyou once again, probably superfluous for me to comment (but I'll
do it anyway, LOL!) that you're sure to derive more benefit from it
with that approach, as will everyone else.

>As far as Todd is concerned, as long as my name doesn't cross his
>lips, we're cool.  But if you expect me to apologize to him you can
>go ahead and unsubscribe me now.

I don't expect you to apologise to him. The gist of the Moderator's
message you read is that it's the list community you're beholden to,
as are we all. If it's to be a community, that is, rather than a
rabble, and that's not a matter of principle, it's a matter of which
is more likely to achieve anything, whether collectively or
individually.

Peace Bryan, and best wishes

Keith