Hi Donald,

Welcome to the rest of the world, all except North America, have worked on
a higher use of diesel for many years now. Brazil went the Alcohol way, but
seams to pick up biodiesel now again.  The interesting thing is that all
diesel fuel in Brazil will be minimum B2 from coming November, by
regulation, as I understand it. It is also interesting that Brazil only
imports 1/3 of their diesel fuel and with the new discoveries, could be
self supplied for some times to come. Europe work on a 50% use of personal
diesel cars by 2020 and are already using around 30 times more than US,
around 30%, compared with US 1% for personal cars. Since 1996 all the
European diesels are biodiesel compatible. In Germany, Austria and France,
biodiesel mix B20, start to be readily available.

Diesel engine, as a "ready for use" energy saving technology.
http://energysavingnow.com/biofuels/dieseltech.shtml

Volkswagen symposium unveils diesel strategies.
http://energysavingnow.com/biofuels/vwdiesels.shtml

VW expect that the Americans will discover the use of diesel and biodiesel
around 2006. A couple of years and maybe a regime change is needed. We
cannot do it the American way, but maybe it will come about peacefully anyway.

Hakan