Hi Mark,

The city and fire department came out to find out what was going on at my house
and I got a cease and desist order from the city. Upon pointed questioning,
they could not give me any specific violation other than my residence was not
zoned for "making biofuels" I asked them if it was legal to make soap knowing
full well there is similar chemicals used and lots of hobbyists doing that.
They were very vague and finally insinuated if no one complained and I did it
in my garage they wouldn't be back. By the way they were supposed to check for
compliance of the cease and desist order but they never did.

The fire chief stated "We are not trying to regulate hobbies" and as a
residence she really did not have any jusrisdiction unless it was an immediate
and severe threat to the public.

Hope this helps,
Elden from California

PS is your Marin class still open?